The Gronk Cake!
Brother #4, otherwise known as Rob Gronkowski, loves cookie cakes. So for his bday, we made (and are selling for a limited time) an 8in cookie cake loaded with 60g of protein.
But we wanted to go bigger, SO we took FIVE cookies cakes, one for each brother and layered them up into a 5-layer protein cookie cake covered in strawberry frosting and sprinkles.
Here's how to make his awesome pink sprinkle cake:
1. Get 2-5 of our protein cookie cakes (these will be the layers- we used 5 for Rob's cake)
2. Make Sprinkles' Strawberry Frosting (recipe found at link and listed below)
You'll need the following for the frosting:
Place strawberries in a small food processor; process until pureed. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add confectioners' sugar; beat until well combined. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree (save any remaining strawberry puree for another use); mix until just blended. Do not overmix or frosting will incorporate too much air.
3. Begin by placing one 5PRO cookie cake on a large plate or cake stand.
4. Cover with a layer of strawberry frosting about 1/4-1/2in thick.
5. Place another cookie cake on top.
6. Repeat step 4-5 until you have the desired amount of cake layers. We did 5 on ours, however anywhere from 2-5 should be a good amount.
7. Once complete, spread the remaining frosting around the sides and top of the cake. Smooth over with a spatula.
8. Add your favorite sprinkles all over.
9. Slice and enjoy! Store in the fridge if you're not eating it right away or you can also freeze this cake for a later date.
Another Option: Turn it into an ice cream cake by spreading a layer of your favorite ice cream between the cookie cake layers and frosting it with cool whip!